Castle hotel Black Forest Germany Freiburg
Triberg short vacation package Titisee-Neustadt sight seeings castles Gengenbach
Freudenstadt Singen Offenburg Gutach tourism Strasbourg wood carvings Hechingen
Donaueschingen Hohentwiel possibilities arrangement road map history traditional livery
costume children playground overnight stay possibilities Gremmelsbach firework knight's
meal medieval feast family hotel Villingen hotels romantic weekend getaway trip excursion
destinations Gutachtal Schonach mountain golf town Haslach German cuckoo clock clocks
companies Petershausen bikers meetings south west tennis open air theater wedding premises
The 781-hors castle hotel Black Forest lies in the middle of the Black Forest, quite exactly in the middle of the towns Offenburg (about 46 km north west), Freudenstadt (about 50 km north east), Freiburg in the Breisgau (about 48 km south west), Titisee-Neustadt (about 50 km south) and Donaueschingen (about 48 km south east). It's surrounded by a big park, the medieval castle ruin and a playground for children. With its stylish outfitted hotel rooms, lounges and dining rooms, it offers the ideal requirements for a relaxing stay in the Black Forest, for festivities of all kind and successful meetings.
The hotel, as we see it today, emanated from a well-fortified castle, which was built in the year 1120 on a high rock. It rises above the in the middle ages still wild Black Forest over one of the most important routes for commerce.
Throughout the centuries, the castle has changed into a manorial castle and finally, today, to the modern as well as cozy holiday hotel, which is brought under in the rooms of the new castle.
The 781-hors castle hotel Black Forest enjoys a good reputation near and far as a family hotel and attracted a lot of princely people and statesmen in the past, but also a lot of foreign people.
At last in the years 1978 and 1993 the hotel was rebuilt and renovated according to the needs of modern comfort, without losing the personal character of the historical hotel building, which is over 100 years old in the meanwhile and has kept his unmistakable face.
From the history of the town on the Gutach river valley
At around 1100, the first Hornberg castle of the gentlemen of Hornberg,
whose lordship included the Gutachtal valley from the resources of the Gutach river near
Schonwald until its mouth north of the Gutach river and its side valleys, originated on
the lower castle rock near Althornberg (today clearly defined and bounded-off unified
topographical area Gremmelsbach).
The population lived mainly from the through traffic, which needed
credits, overnight accomodations and escort before they climbed up the Schwanenbach valley
and later through the Reichenbach valley.
In the year 1535 the Wurttemberg Duke Ulrich established the reformation here as well as in his whole dukedom. In the 30-year-war, the town suffered very much under the troop passages and plunderings. Since 1700 Hornberg was the station of the Thurn- und Taxischen Reichspoststrecke Strassbourg- Villingen-Ulm-Munchen. In the course of the territorial reforms at the beginning of the 19th century, Hornberg went to Baden in 1810.
The 19th century brought a lively development of trades (for example wood carvings, Black Forest cuckoo clocks) and industry (stoneware factory from 1819). The building of the road Hornberg-Triberg and the connection to the Black Forest railway Offenburg-Konstanz brought a further boost to the town. Industry and tourism developed very positively, until the wars of the 20th century noticeabley disturbed the boosting development.
In the 2nd World War, Hornberg suffered hard war destructions, from which it recovered quickly and strived at new positive developments. Besides the industry and the trade, the tourism became a very important commercial factor of the town. This development is in favor through the incorporation of the neighboring towns Reichenbach and Niedwasser in the 1970s, which have become to constituents of Hornberg in the meantime.
The Hornberg shooting "Hornberger Schiessen"
Town and landscape
Hornberg is train station (Inter-Regio-Station) of the Black Forest Rail, which resorts between Offenburg and Konstanz on the Lake Constance (Bodensee). The railroad viaduct is an attractive view, which guides through the Reichenbach valley. The town in the Black Forest is surrounded by a lovely landscape. It's stamped from mountains and valleys, from idyllic green landscapes with magnificent fruit trees and dark forest regions, which gave the Black Forest its name. Hikers and bikers discover new things on their tour behind every creek bend and behind every bank.
Train stations of the Black Forest railroad on the route Offenburg -
Gengenbach - Hornberg (Black Forest) - Triberg - Villingen (Black Forest) - Donaueschingen
- Singen (Hohentwiel) - Radolfzell - Konstanz (Constance):
781-hors castle hotel Black Forest, Germany, German clock street, cuckoo clocks companies sightseeings clock manufactory museums
Knight's meal / medieval feast for groups from 20 to 60 people in the castle reeve cellar (Burgvogtskeller), from 61 to 150 people in the Spiegelsaal (mirror room), from 80 to 200 people in the rock grotto
|Sightseeings and excursion destinations
Medieval castle ruin
Hornberg Town Museum
Black Forest Mushroom learning show
Black Forest railroad
Waterfalls near Triberg
German Clock Street
Open Air Museum "Reeve Barnyard" (Freilichtmuseum
Adventure park Dorothy hut (Erlebnispark Dorotheenhutte) (glass hut)
Castle Hohenzollern in Hechingen